No need to talk a lot about this dessert.
(Adapted from The Breadman's Wife blog recipe)
9" x 13" Pyrex Dish, greased
Large Mixing Bowl (for wet ingredients)
Medium Bowl (for dry ingredients)
2 cups flour
2 tsps baking powder
2 tsps cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 tsp of baking soda
1 and 2/3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 can (15oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup softened butter
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 Tbsp milk
1. Wash your hands.
2. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
3. Grease your pyrex dish and have butter and cream cheese already at room temperature.
4. In the medium bowl, whisk (or sift) dry ingredients together: flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt.
10. While that bakes, make the frosting:
--Once softened, combine the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
--Add the sugar and milk and beat (or with a mixer) with your upper arm and a fork until smooth and creamy.
13. Once cake is baked and cool, spread the cream-cheese frosting evenly over top.
14. Clean up short and sweet. Enjoy your bars and eat them too.