As with all major events, you get a lot of little trinkets, but Efis was handing out a little pamphlet on using feta. Couldn't help myself...and so, I modified the infrastructure on the Red Pepper & Feta Crostini. See what you think, but I'd say it was quite delicious as an appetizer before dinner. Just the sort of thing Jon loves. And so fast to assemble!
Roasted Red Pepper & Feta Crostini
Ciabatta or French Bread
Olive Oil, for drizzling
1 clove garlic, halved
1 jar Roasted Red Peppers, sliced vertically into strips
4-8 oz fresh feta, crumbled
Oregano, for sprinkling
1/2 lemon, for sprinkling
1. Wash your hands.
2. Drizzle your bread with olive oil and toast.
3. Rub garlic over slices of bread.
4. Cut and layer your strips of red peppers onto the toasts.
5. Add crumbled feta.
6. Toast until cheese is golden brown.
7. Drizzle with olive oil.
8. Sprinkle with oregano and lemon juice.
You might not even need supper tonight!