In the meantime, when studies are weighing down on you, nothing is easier than chicken souvlaki with added tzatziki (this weekend's post), Orzo salad (April's post), and/or Lemon-Pine-Nut Rice (next week's post) to let you dream--throw Mamma Mia into the DVD player just for a little atmosphere.
Ceramic or Pyrex Dish
Real Grilll or grill pan
3-4 large boneless chicken breasts
6-8 Tablespoons fresh basil
2-4 Tablespoons fresh oregano
8 cloves garlic, chopped
Lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
1/2 - 1 cup olive oil (depends on amount of chicken)
Splash red wine vinegar
1. Soak wooden skewers at least 30 minutes before using.
2. Wash hands.
3. Slice the chicken into 1/4" thick strips evenly
4. Combine all other ingredients into your Pyrex dish for the marinade.
7. Use soaked skewers the thread chicken strips.
9. Rotate every 3-4 minutes until golden brown and seared.
Tip 2: The meat will pull up easily if seared properly! Trust me on this!