Fortunately, my mom is a fantastic cook and gave me with this great recipe for green beans. Don't get stuck on making veggies the same way every meal--roast 'em, sauté 'em, combine them, eat them raw--challenge yourself to find new flavors with the same vegetable.
5-qt saucepan with water + 1 tsp kosher salt
Mixing bowl with ice water
Mixing bowl for sauce preparation
1-2 lbs green beans
6-8 Tbls of vegetable oil
5-7 Tbls white wine vinegar
1/2 cup mayonnaise, light or regular
1 Tbls sour cream or greek yoghurt
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/4-1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper
4-6 squirts Maggi Seasoning
1. Wash your hands.
2. Dice small onion.
3. Combine oil, vinegar, and mayo until a smooth.
5. Add Maggi. (This is the unami flavor of this recipe). Do not omit! You know this is vital.
6. Mix it all into a beautiful, velvety sauce.
7. Now prep the beans. Remove all ends.
9. Have an ice-water bath to halt cooking process when beans removed from boiling water.
10. Drain beans from ice water bath.
11. Combine with the sauce and serve immediately.
12. Easy, super side dish...and just another way to enjoy summer produce!