If you have attempted any, or all, of the recipes, you should hopefully, have a solid cookware arsenal at your disposal.
Today's sweets is a twist on an old favorite--Blondies--but, this one is made for peanut butter lovers with caramel (Rolo) chocolate pieces. It is decadent to say the least. As with most baking, it's not difficult, it just requires a stepwise approach. In this case a two-step process of prepping the dry ingredients and a liquid counter-part.
Read the recipe and take your time. See what you think. Total Cost: approx $8
(Adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod)
9" x 13" Pyrex dish
3-qt Sauce pan
Whisk or Fork (to use like a whisk)
Flat rubber spatula
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 cups light brown sugar
1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup Rolo candies, unwrapped
1. Wash your hands.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
3. Grease with a small amount of butter or spray your baking dish with PAM spray.
4. Prepare liquid mixture by melting the butter in the saucepan over MEDIUM heat.
5. Add the brown sugar, stirring constantly until smooth.
6. Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter until smooth. Set aside to cool.
7. Prepare dry mixture by combining flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
8. Once the liquid mixture is cooled, add one egg at a time and combine thoroughly
9. Add the vanilla and combine until smooth. It will look like a liquid, grainy paste.
You now have everything ready to move on!!
Dry and Liquid
10. Add the liquid gradually to the dry ingredients. This will entail some upper extremity strength.
11. The batter becomes quite thick, use your hands to combine if needed.
12. Spread the cookie-dough into the baking dish.
13. Top with Rolo candies and press them into the batter.
14. Bake for 30 minutes until edges and top are golden brown. Then let cool.
Note: The center on these bars remains fairly moist because of the peanut butter. Got Milk?