If you are craving Thanksgiving flavors, or you are hosting Thanksgiving dinner yourself, try this simple version of sweet potato casserole. Jon loves twice-baked potatoes, and he likes sweet potato casserole with little marshmallows--makes sense that he'd like this.
Baking sheet, lined with foil or pyrex dish
Fork, for mashing
Spoon, for scooping
Functioning oven or microwave
2 Sweet Potatoes (depending if you have company or not)
2 tsp butter,
2 Tbls Marshmallow Fluff, optional
2/3 cup of Little marshmallows
Brown Sugar, light or dark
1. Wash your hands and the potatoes.
2. Preheat oven 325F degrees. (You can use a microwave, if time is an issue)
3. Puncture potatoes with a fork several times.
4. Bake in the oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or use the microwave for 8-10 minutes, until potatoes tender.
5. Once potatoes cool, slice them lengthwise in half and scoop out the flesh.
6. Combine the potato flesh, butter, and salt by mashing with a fork in a mixing bowl.
7. Add Marshmallow Fluff and combine. (Skip it if you prefer less sweet or are cutting costs)
8. Scoop the mixture into each of the potato halves.
9. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and/or brown sugar
10. Bake uncovered x 15-20 minutes.
11. Add little marshmallows and bake another 5 minutes, until soft and slightly browned.