This is indeed a great recipe for one of Jon's favorite meals which I found in Cooking Light years ago--and which quickly became a family favorite.
1. Read the recipe first.
2. Make triple batch of sauce.
3. Have all components prepped and ready before firing up the skillet.
4. If you don't like spicy, reduce hot sauce.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Cooking rice: White 15-20 min / Brown 45 min
Large Non-stick skillet
Wooden spoons or tongs
1 lbs sirloin steak, thinly sliced
8 - 10 green onions, coarsely sliced
2 Tbls garlic, chopped or minced
2 Tbls ginger, minced or grated
2 Tbls peanut or vegetable oil
2 Tbls low-sodium soy sauce
3 Tbls Hoisin sauce
1 tsp Salem Oelek garlic chile sauce
1 tsp corn starch
2 tsp rice wine vinegar
1. Wash your hands frequently.
2. Slice steak against the grain into long, thin strips. Set aside.
5. Make the sauce by whisking all sauce ingredients together.
If it's not perfect first time around, try it again, because this is a recipe worth making.