Jon pretty much devours all baked goods in our house, especially if they are related to pie, fresh out of the oven, and homemade--really…any kind of pie-like dessert will get his attention. This recipe is the perfect solution to have pie all-year round!
If you are on the run and looking to make a simple dessert on the fly, look no further--using frozen pie dough and whatever fruit is in season, makes this virtually available anytime--apples, peaches, pears, cherries, strawberries--just think about the combo of jam you use and how it pairs with the chosen fruit! If you like nuts, sprinkle a few in at the end.
Run with it! Endless options! Make your own variation!
Baking sheet, preferably rimmed
Large mixing bowl
Apple corer, or not
Frozen pie dough, thawed
2-3 apples, cored, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 lemon juice
2 Tbls butter, melted
1/2 cup of apricot preserves
2 Tbls butter, cubed
6 caramels, cubed and finely diced
1. Wash your hands.
2. Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
3. Core, peel, and slice apples thinly.
4. Toss apples with sugar, cinnamon and lemon.
5. Thaw pie dough enough to unfold onto parchment paper-covered baking sheet.
6. Pour melted butter into center.
7. Spread apricot preserve leaving a 1.5 inch border.
8. Layer apple slices towards the center.
9. Use diced butter and caramels to top the apples.
10. Gently fold the edges towards middle.
11. Brush edges with milk or egg wash. (This gives it a shiny crust)
12. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
13. Bake for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350F degrees for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
14. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, whipping cream or ice cream.
Post a Comment