What could possibly be better than potatoes, cheese, bacon, scallions and sour cream? Perfect bites to watch the game.
This recipe uses melted butter to bake the rounds which gives it a nice golden brown crust. You could also opt to spray the rounds on both sides with PAM or a light drizzle of olive oil. Remember you don't want the rounds sticking to the baking sheet when you go to start your assembly of goodness!
(Adapted from Allrecipes.com Cheese & Bacon Potato Rounds)
Rimmed baking sheet
Pastry brush, if you are using butter
Large Russet or Yukon baking potatoes, 1/3" sliced rounds
2 Tbls butter, melted
Bacon (see Makin Bacon or chorizo, drained and chopped
Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Green onions, finely or coarsely chopped
1. Wash your hands
2. Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
3. Prep all the ingredients and have them ready for assembly.
4. Brush each side of the potato rounds with melted butter and place onto your baking sheet.
5. Salt & pepper.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes and turn once for another 10-15 minutes until done.
7. Remove baking sheet from oven and top your rounds with bacon, green onions, and cheddar.
8. Bake another 5 minutes until cheese has melted.
9. Place your finished rounds on a platter and top them off with sour cream and jalapeños.
10. This recipe won't have any leftovers.