Having asparagus wrapped in prosciutto and doused in lemon and garlic is one of our family's side dishes. But, as I was planning the holiday menu, I stumbled across this version which includes Boursin Garlic & Herb Cheese, and makes it a little better! Definitely richer! Certainly an option for the holiday spread. Since Jon requested I post the original 'Not Your Gma's Asparagus'
, my guess is, he will want this one, too!
I do admit this recipe has additional steps, is a little more involved, and that spreading cheese on paper-thin proscuitto needs dedication, but the flavor...totally works. Make this tray ahead of the party so that all you have to do is pop it in the oven.
(Adapted from America's Test Kitchen 'Make-Ahead Appetizers' Magazine)
Large baking sheet
Bunch of Asparagus
Prosciutto, cut in half
Boursin Garlic & Herb Cheese Spread
1. Wash your hands.
2. Preheat the oven to 'BROIL
3. Prep your baking sheet with foil.
4. Bend the asparagus at the natural breaking point to remove fibrous and tough ends.
5. Toss the stalks in olive oil directly on pan and place in single layer.
6. Broil asparagus x 5 minutes, tossing once at 2-3 minutes. (This is a great way to make asparagus!)
7. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Keep oven at 450F degrees if making recipe right away.
8. Cut your prosciutto in half and spread with a thin layer of boursin cheese.
9. Use the plastic separator to gently lift each piece of prosciutto when ready to roll the asparagus.
10. Place the wrapped asparagus onto a fresh piece of foil or store them in tupperware.
11. Bake at 450F degrees x 5 minutes until crisp and dark red.
12. Easily made ahead and stored in the fridge the day before or at room temperature for up to 4 hours.
Post a Comment