I do admit this recipe has additional steps, is a little more involved, and that spreading cheese on paper-thin proscuitto needs dedication, but the flavor...totally works. Make this tray ahead of the party so that all you have to do is pop it in the oven.
(Adapted from America's Test Kitchen 'Make-Ahead Appetizers' Magazine)
Large baking sheet
Bunch of Asparagus
Prosciutto, cut in half
Boursin Garlic & Herb Cheese Spread
1. Wash your hands.
2. Preheat the oven to 'BROIL'
3. Prep your baking sheet with foil.
4. Bend the asparagus at the natural breaking point to remove fibrous and tough ends.
8. Cut your prosciutto in half and spread with a thin layer of boursin cheese.
12. Easily made ahead and stored in the fridge the day before or at room temperature for up to 4 hours.