Fresh mozzarrella, basil and tomatoe with a little olive oil has got to be one of Italy's finest contributions to the world. Fresh, classic, simple. The recipe I'm featuring today is a new way to enjoy this timeless flavor profile: Caprese Garlic Bread
. Use it as an appetizer or as a side dish or a simple snack! Oh, and it's easy as pie.
(Adapted from Pinterest)
Small mixing or cereal bowl
Functioning oven or large toaster oven
Ciabatta or French Baguette (but ciabatta is wider)
4 Tbls butter, softened
3 cloves garlic, minced
12 oz of Mozzarrella cheese, sliced
2-3 Roma Tomatoes, sliced to match number of cheese slices
Salt & Pepper
1/3 cup basil, chopped
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, drizzled (optional)
1. Wash your hands.
2. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
3. Slice the ciabatta in half horizontally.
4. Mix the butter and garlic.
5. Spread on bread halves.
6. Place slices of cheese across loaf and bake (or toast) for several minutes.
7. Set your toaster to BROIL for 30-45 seconds and watch closely until golden brown.
8. Add tomato slices.
9. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
10. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic over the top. Sprinkle with basil.
Sit back and enjoy the compliments!
Post a Comment