I'm not a huge advocate of processed foods, but every now and then we all need some "grade-school" comfort, ie Mac 'N Cheese, Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies, Oreos & Milk
, or a Grilled Cheese
Interestingly enough, and despite having only 3 ingredients, the grilled cheese sandwich remains one of the simplest sandwiches people botch--don't ruin yours!
Key is having all the ingredients prepped and ready--mise en place--
heat for the skillet.
Knife for spreading
Softened Butter (spreadable)
Kraft 2% American Cheese
1. Wash your hands.
2. Decide # of sandwiches.
3. Soften butter.
4. Spread one side of all bread slices.
5. Unwrap 2 slices of cheese per sandwich.
6. Only now turn the burner to MED
7. Melt 1 tsp of butter.
8. Place buttered side of bread onto skillet
9. Layer 2 cheese slices (and ham if desired) and place 2nd slice of bread on top with buttered side facing up.
10. Gently check underside with spatula 11. Turn sandwich when golden brown.
12. Remove sandwich when 2nd side is golden.
13. Wipe the skillet clean between each set of sandwiches, and repeat.
Post a Comment