I have seen this concept of a "spaghetti pie" on multiple occasions, but when I realized how darn easy it was to make (and super delicious)...it seemed perfect for college cooking!! Let's go!
12" Springform (or plain old pyrex rectangle)
Large mixing bowl
1 lb ground hamburger or sirloin
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 lb spaghetti, cooked al dente and drained
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 cups marinara sauce
1/2 cup ricotta
1 cup mozzarella, divided half
1/2 cup parmesan, grated
1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
Fresh ground pepper
1-2 Tbls freshly chopped parsley (optional)
1. Wash your hands.
2. Preheat oven to 350F degrees and spray your pan with non-stick PAM.
3. Saute onions until translucent.
4. Add meat, garlic, 1 tsp salt, and ground pepper. Brown meat. Set aside.
5. Boil and drain pasta. Drizzle with oil. Set aside.
6. In a large mixing bowl, add marinara, ricotta, 50% mozzarella, parmesan, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
7. Add pasta and cooled meat mixture.
8. Stir well and pour into the prepared form.
9. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and a little extra parmesan.
10. Bake at 350F degrees x 25-30 minutes until top is golden brown.
Always try to invite a few friends for this dish. Prep some extra marinara sauce and parmesan for sprinkling! Add awesome Garlic Bread or a simple salad.
Post a Comment