That said, desserts or baking is more challenging for college students, because most college students, grad students or post-graduates don't own a kitchen with baking gear, nor do they have the time!
So how do we use what you already have, i.e. in terms of pantry, equipment and skills? Keeping it simple is key! And this was just the recipe!
Granola Nut Butter Bars
--oven-proof 8" x 8" pyrex dish, lined with parchment paper & sprayed with PAM
2 cups old-fashioned oats, divided into 1 1/2 cups & 1/2 cup
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup creamy peanut or almond or any other nut butter
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbls canola / vegetable oil
1. Wash your hands.
2. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
3. Prep your pyrex with parchment paper and spray with non-sticking spray, like PAM
4. Use your smoothie or shake blender to pulverize 1/2 cup of oats.
5. Combine oats, ground oats, nut butter, chocolate chips, sugar, honey, and canola oil.
6. Stir until well-combined, thickened batter.
7. Spread the batter into your prepared pyrex dish and flatten.
8. Bake at 350F degrees x 25 minutes until golden brown.
9. Allow cookies to cool completely before cutting into bars.
10. Grab a glass of milk!
Pretty cool, right?