Today's recipe features doing exactly that! Other recipes utilizing store-bought roasted chicken include Simple Chicken Enchiladas, Avgolemono Soup. Chicken Tortilla Soup, and soon to be posted Buffalo Chicken Dip--just in time for March Madness and the Final Four!
Adapted from Cooking Light's 350 Calories Magazine.
Greek Chicken Wraps With Giardinara Hummus
Prep Board Area
1 cup rotisserie chicken, shredded or chopped
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
3 Tbls kalamata olives, halved or chopped
1 small cucumber, quartered and chopped
1/2 Red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup feta, crumbled
1 Tbls fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried oregano)
1 1/2 Tbls fresh lemon juice
1 Tbls mayonnaise
1 Tbls olive oil
Salt & Pepper
6 whole-wheat flour tortillas
1. Wash your hands.
2. Pull the meat off of the rotisserie chicken
3. Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and Greek Cavanaugh's Seasoning if you have it
4. Prep tomatoes, cucumber, olives, feta, and red onions.
5. Combine meat, veggies, and feta in a mixing bowl.
6. Drizzle olive oil, lemon juice, and mayo into mixing bowl. Season to taste. Stir well.
7. Begin your wrap with 1-2 Tbls of hummus.