Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone!
What could be better than a little sweetness on Valentine's Day? Celebrate your favorite people, friends, family, spouses, and partners this weekend with these little bites of goodness! Not sappy sweet. Just a little. Great for breakfast with a little jam.
Some simple steps involved. Just stay organized.
Make someone feel special this weekend!
Make someone happy!
Blueberry Coconut Muffins
Sifter (use a strainer if you dont have one)
Cupcake or Muffin tin
2 cups plus 1 Tbls all-purpose flour
1 Tbls baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
1 egg, beaten
4 Tbls butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 cup whole milk
1 1/2 cups blueberries, tossed in flour
(if using frozen, thaw and drain first)
1 tsp orange zest (optional, but worth it)
1 cup powder sugar
3-4 tsp milk, added individually
Orange zest (optional)
1. Wash your hands.
2. Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
3. Toast your coconut to a golden brown.
4. Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in sugar and toasted coconut!
5. Combine milk, egg and melted butter (slightly cooled!!!!) until just incorporated. It will cook the egg if you do not let it cool.
6. Toss blueberries in 1 Tbls of flour and fold into the batter.
7. Fill muffin cups to below the rim.
8. Bake for 17-20 min or untl toothpick comes out dry/clean--will depend on oven.
9. If so inclined...make the icing for a little extra sweetness and drizzle over your muffins!
10. These are great and low on sappy sugary sweetness and oily residue!