So, this weekend was the weekend of trying new recipes and planning for our annual Oscar Night party--all the while keeping my eyes open for recipes easily made by the budget-conscious college student. I have to say Huffington Post kept me supplied with some great blogs like the one I posted two days ago (The Feta Dip), and the one I'm posting today: Pop In Your Mouth Puff Pastry Bites!
(Adapted from abigmouthful.com blog)
Mid-size Muffin Tins
2 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
2 Tbls olive oil
2 medium onions, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced (I used fresh instead of garlic powder)
1/2 lb fresh spinach
1/4 cup heavy cream
5 oz feta, crumbled
Pinch of nutmeg
Salt & pepper
1. Wash Your Hands.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and spray muffin tin(s).
3. Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the thawed puff pastry into even squares, approx 9 per sheet.
4. Roughly stretch and press each square into the muffin tins.
5. Prep your onion and garlic.
6. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet and saute onions until translucent.
7. Add garlic and spinach. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Cover with a lid.
8. The spinach will cook down. Stir occasionally. Set aside and cool.
9. Whisk eggs together into a custard, then add feta, nutmeg, and salt & pepper.
10. Add the cooled spinach mixture to the custard.
10. Spoon custard into the muffin tins approx 3/4 full.
11. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes until puff pastry golden brown.
Post a Comment