I tried making them by mixing chocolate chips into "just microwaved" batter. As you can see, it got a little messy;and, did not work out as planned--duh! Still good, but not as pretty.
These are reminiscent of popcorn balls. Eat quickly, because popcorn doesn't stay fresh very long and friends won't wait!
(Adapted from Cooking Light magazine)
8" x 8" pyrex
Large mixing bow
10 oz mini marshmallows
1 Tbls butter
10 cups air-popped popcorn, kernels removed
1/2 cup chocolate chips
7. Pour mixture into prepared dish and use sprayed, over-hanging paper edges to press / flatten mixture into dish.
9. If using chocolate chips...wait until very end to add to mix; otherwise, just melt and drizzle over top.
1. Wash your hands.
2. Prep your dish with PAM Spray and line with parchment paper extending over edges.
3. Spray paper with PAM spray as well.
5. Microwave on HIGH for 20-30 sec intervals stirring until smooth. Approx 2-3 cycles.
8. Let set x 20 minutes before cutting.