Really, no rocket science or culinary skills or genius involved with this one! I did modify the recipe a smidge to include heavy whipping cream and Karo syrup for that glistening appearance. And I skipped the double-boiler for the microwave.
Few ingredients. Decadent outcome. Perfect college recipe for the holidays and great one to take home for the family! Make some today and share with a friend with one of the gift certificates I have created for you to use this months!! It doesn't take a genius to make a difference either!
Easy Peppermint Fudge
8" x 8" Pyrex Dish
Medium Mixing Bowl
3 cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
8 Peppermint Candies or candy canes, crushed
1 Tbls Karo Syrup
2 tsp heavy whipping cream
1. Wash your hands.
2. Prep your pyrex dish with foil.
3. Crush your peppermints.
4. Combine chocolate chips and condensed milk in a mixing bowl.
5. Heat the chocolate-milk combo in the microwave in HIGH for 30 seconds, stirring in-between each round until it begins to become smooth and fully melted, approx 3-4 times.
6. Add the Karo and cream.
7. If you still need to melt the chocolate, go to 15 second intervals of microwaving.
8. Once melted, pour into foiled pyrex dish and smooth the surface gently until smooth.
9. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint.
10. Chill in fridge for 2 hours before cutting into bite-size pieces to share, wrap, and give away!