If you are hosting (or heading to) a Memorial Day gathering, check these out! I made a double batch and used a 9" x 13" Pyrex dish just to make sure there were enough. Finally, you can make these with 'good ol' fashioned' upper body strength, but if someone has a hand-held mixer, these take about 10 minutes to put together! Really!!!
Large mixing bowl
9" x 13" Pyrex Dish, buttered.
(or Hand-held mixer)
2 sticks (16 Tbls) of butter, melted
2 cups light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/3 cup butterscotch chips
(If you like nuts or dried fruit, substitute 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips with the other.)
1. Wash your hands.
2. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
3. In a large mixing bow, combine brown sugar and melted butter until smooth.
4. Add baking powder and vanilla.
5. Add 1/2 tsp salt.
6. Add your flour slowly and combine well before adding more, especially if whisking yourself!
7. Using a spatula, combine your add-ins with the batter.
8. This is delicious, but promise yourself to save enough for baking.
9. Butter your baking dish.
10. Bake @ 350F degrees for 25 minutes, then turn down to 300F degrees for another 5 minutes.